Teacher Training Primary:
Do you have what it takes to shape the lives of the next generation? Our primary teacher training courses will inspire and prepare you to teach our younger children.
As a BDAT ITT trainee, you will complete two placements in two different schools and of two different ages to ensure you are ready to teach pupils from all phases and key stages. You will learn to create a classroom climate where children can develop the characteristics of good learners and the vital skills required for the next phase in their education.
Why train with us?
- We have partnered with a carefully selected, highly successful and committed provider in GORSE SCITT who share our ethos and together we will provide you with a great teacher training experience.
- Our partner GORSE SCITT is an Ofsted Outstanding teacher training provider rated Outstanding in all aspects of their work.
- We have a family of 19 committed and ambitious schools that understand your potential and are determined to help you succeed. On top of this each of our schools is unique so there really is a perfect school for you.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and get to know other ITT trainees working across the Trust giving you a support network from day one.
- If you choose to stay with us following your ITT course (and we hope you do), you will be well placed and supported to find work as an ECT within our growing Trust.
- Our training is designed with your ECT induction in mind, ensuring there is a smooth transition to the support of the Early Career Framework.
Quality of our Programme:
Our programme is very carefully constructed so that you will see and understand every aspect of a child’s life from the age of 3 to the age of 11.
You will spend 80% of your time with us in the classroom observing, team-teaching and teaching the highest quality of lessons.
We may be school centred but this does not mean that we do not take your training and academic development extraordinarily seriously.
In any given week you will attend –
- A Core Training Session with the entire cohort of trainees in which you will receive training from an excellent practising teacher and leader.
These sessions will cover all aspects of the philosophy and practice you will need as a teacher such as behaviour management, lesson planning, assessment, personal and social development and many, many more.
- A session with your Subject or Phase Lead learning from them the knowledge and craft you will need to teach your subject and/or age range.
Our Subject and Phase Leads have been selected as the elite teachers of our organisation so you will learn your pedagogy from the best.
- And much more…!
What will you gain?
Qualified teacher status
Your whole experience and learning with us is structured to ensure that you will gain QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS (QTS). The ongoing assessment for this is quite simply based around your planning, teaching and assessment of children.
Postgraduate certificate of education
The programme leads to a full POST-GRADUATE CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (PGCE), we offer this as we know the PGCE is regarded as the gold standard of teacher training. Interwoven through our QTS programme are opportunities to complete two Masters Level assignments in order to secure your PGCE.
Throughout your year with us we will ensure, regardless of the age range, you specialise in, that you have time with Early Years Primary, Secondary and Post-16 pupils. We will also ensure that you experience time with children with special educational needs (SEND), English as an additional language (EAL) and those children who learn in Alternative Provision. We will also make sure that you explore the cultural heritage of the area you train in, such as its great museums and parks!
Training is rotated around all of our schools giving you the opportunity to spend time in a range of different environments and settings to further broaden your learning experience.
Excellent employment opportunities are offered following your successful completion of the programme, including in the schools you have trained in.
However, through a series of employment workshops which include presentations from headteachers and recruitment agencies we ensure all of our trainees are supported in finding careers upon graduation.
The course leaders personally read every trainee’s job application and offers support and advice throughout the whole process.