Deputy Head Teacher/Vice Principal Career Pathway
- Hymn of the Tiger Teachers (Katharine Birbalsingh)
- Atomic Habits (James Clear)
- Rebel Ideas (Matthew Syed)
- Deputise for the Head
- Manage/lead other senior leaders
- Be involved in new staff recruitment systems
- Write reports for and present work to Governors
- DSL role
- Development of HR skills, e.g. understanding sickness, disciplinary investigations, staff absence, investigations
- Development of Finance skills, e.g. budget setting and monitoring
- Plan and lead CPD for and embed school priorities
- Complete Safer Recruitment training
- Complete GDPR training
- Line manage colleagues
- Attendance at, supporting the facilitation of or leading Professional Learning Committees.
- Attendance at and supporting the facilitation of or leading Networks.
- Lead CPD or moderation sessions as part of the programme
- Shadowing a DH/VP in another Trust school.
- Attendance at LGB of another Trust school. Delivery of BDAT ITT, ECF and specialist NPQ sessions
National & External Opportunities
- Diocese of Leeds Education Team’s courses
- Becoming an NPQ assessor
- Carrying out peer reviews at other schools e.g. external and safeguarding.
- Book an Annual Career Discussion
- Apply for an NPQH
- BDAT aspiring Headteachers course