Early Career Teachers (ECT)
We’re pleased to be continuing to partner with education charity Ambition Institute to deliver our Early Career Teacher Programme. This Department for Education-funded programme is designed to develop the knowledge and skills of early career teachers.
What our Early Career Teachers will learn:
- The content of the early career framework, including behaviour, instruction, curriculum assessment and self-regulation
- What effective teaching looks like, putting them on the path to becoming an expert in teaching
- How to keep getting better, so ECTs can continue to improve in their careers.
Benefits to our schools:
- Improved wellbeing and job satisfaction of ECTs
- Attract and retain staff
- A two-year package of support
The Early Career Teachers programme is a blended learning experience. It provides teachers and their mentors with high quality, evidence-informed training and materials, alongside scaffolding to ensure effective mentoring.
What you’ll learn
- All the ‘learn that’ and ‘learn how to’ content of the Early Career Framework, including behaviour, instruction, curriculum, assessment and self-regulation.
- What effective teaching looks like, through specific examples and explanations of how and why this practice works. This will help early career teachers develop expertise in teaching
- How to keep getting better, so they can continue to improve and thrive during their career.
How you’ll learn
- A carefully designed combination of face-to-face training, virtual peer-learning groups, expert-led webinars and weekly video tutorials. These all sit alongside support for effective mentoring.
- All content is designed and delivered by experts in teacher education, drawing upon the best available evidence in how teachers learn.
- Programme components have been designed intentionally to fit with the demands of schools and the busy lives of teachers. This keeps travel and cover requirements to a minimum and provides online learning that can be undertaken at any time, in any place, on any device.
Why this programme?
With retention, an issue across the education sector, investment in teachers’ development has never been more important, especially for those who are just starting out. This Department for Education-funded programme builds on the thinking behind the Early Career Framework to help educators early in their careers develop expertise, and improve wellbeing and job satisfaction.
You can download Ambition Institute’s Expert Edit publication now for more information about the Early Career Framework and how our Early Career Teachers programme can support ECTs.
Retain our staff
Provide the quality professional development and mentoring that new teachers need to consolidate and become effective and satisfied in their roles, and stay in the profession.
Cutting edge insight
Giving early career teachers and mentors access to the best available evidence, alongside internationally recognised effective practice from around the world.