BDAT ITT offers a unique training route to achieving qualified teacher status (QTS) and aims to attract the highest quality candidates.
You must have
In order to apply for a place on our courses, you must have:
- A UK undergraduate degree or a recognised equivalent qualification
- A GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent if you are applying to teach Secondary
- A GCSE grade C/4 or above in English, Maths and Science or equivalent if you are applying to teach Primary
Before you start training you’ll also need to:
- confirm you have the health and physical capacity to start training
- get a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate
If you studied outside of the UK, you should visit the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A-Levels and an undergraduate degree.
To help you to become a great teacher, support your application and select the best age range for you to train in, we suggest some experience of working with children or young people in an educational setting, e.g. school, nursery, college.
We can help you get experience before you start your application, talk to us about your experience to date and we can guide your next steps.
Whilst we do not require experience we strongly urge you to seek an opportunity to visit a school or similar setting.