Career Pathway: Executive Leader/Principal
- Apply for Fellowship of the Chartered College
- Humilitas: A Lost Key to Life, Love, and Leadership
A thought-provoking book on how we lead people and what our motivation for doing so maybe.
- Teach Like A Champion: 62 Techniques That Put Students on the Path to College
Not suggesting attempting to do all of these techniques, but these research-based techniques underpin some core principles of effective classroom teaching for all colleagues regardless of experience.
- The Six Secrets of Change: What the Best Leaders Do to Help Their Organizations Survive and Thrive
Change management insight from one of the foremost authorities on the subject – interesting when planning any project change.
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action Simon Sinek
Reflective read that encourages the reader to always remain inquisitive and encourage to do so as well, as that decision and actions originate from a position of available knowledge.
- Why Should Anyone Be Led By You? What It Takes to Be an Authentic LeaderRob Goffee and Gareth Jones
A book that encourages school leaders to reflect on their practice and lead by values.
BDAT Wide Opportunities
- Attendance at, supporting the facilitation of or leading Professional Learning Committees.
- Attendance at and supporting the facilitation of or leading Networks.
- Opportunity to mentor new HTs.
- Attendance at LGB of another Trust school.
- Carrying out peer reviews at other schools e.g. external and safeguarding.
- Support with implementation of and/or lead on elements of Trust priorities.
- Shadow BDAT Director
- Peer reviews outside the Trust, commissioned by the Trust
National & External Opportunities
- Pupil premium reviewer
- The Bradford Coaching and Mentoring for New Heads programme as a mentor.